Heart Health Nutrition
Hey Team!!! I hope that you’re having a really nice weekend and enjoying the Mr. Sun, Sun, Mr. Golden Sun and letting it shine down and around and all over you!!! Quick post to remind you to take care of your lovely and strong heart.
Intending to improve heart health and reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease, the American Heart Association has released tips for heart health nutrition in its new dietary Guidance to Improve Cardiovascular Health. Read on for a quick overview.
8 guiding principles:
1. Adjust energy intake and expenditure to achieve and maintain a healthy body weight.
2. Eat plenty of fruits and veggies; choose a wide variety.
3. Choose foods made mostly with whole grains rather than refined grains.
4. Choose healthy sources of protein, such as plant protein (beans and nuts), fish and seafood, low-fat or fat-free products, lean cuts of meat or poultry.
5. Choose minimally processed foods instead of ultra processed foods.
6. If you choose to drink alcohol, limit intake.
7. Shoot for 7-9 hours of sleep every night.
8. Minimize intake of beverages and foods with added sugars. Drink WATER, friends!!!
SoulShine Schedule for this week - please sign up for classes - $12 sign up, $15 drop in. Although this week looks amazing, weather-wise, temps in the morning are still a bit too chilly for class on Monday and Tuesday. I’d love for us to be outside on Friday though. I’ll let you know. :)
Monday: HIIT @ The Little Theater and on Zoom - 8:15-9:15 am
Tuesday: HIIT Yoga Fusion @ The Little Theater and on Zoom - 8:15-9:15 am
Thursday: PiYo @ The Athletic Club and on Zoom - 12-1 pm
Friday: HIIT @ TLT or outside and on Zoom - 8:15-9:15 am